Social Recovery Inc. promotes solutions to problematic drug use with individualized recovery strategies that focus on social situations, environments, and network building by emphasizing the social aspects of recovery. Strategies include:
• The Social Recovery approach facilitates the process of acquiring the skills, resources, and networks that enhance people’s ability to live in society without resorting to problematic substance use.
• Social Recovery can be implemented at the individual level by helping a friend or a loved one enjoy activities other than drug use.
• Social Recovery can be implemented in schools, churches, clubs, or social-minded organizations through organizing and facilitating Social Recovery activities.
• Social Recovery can be implemented in established treatment programs by incorporating Social Recovery as a component of the program with a greater focus on activities and social networks outside recovery groups.
• Social Recovery should be implemented not as a drug substitute or an alternative drug program but as a paradigm shift that views problematic drug use as a societal problem, not an individual one.
• Scial Recovery Inc. encourages a Social Recovery approach to help find the best recovery services and/or long-term recovery plans that fit each individual's social situation and life goals.